- Big Data is about the growing challenge that organizations face as they deal with large and fast-growing sources of data, which is so large and quickly that it can’t be managed by normal servers.
- Having a computing infrastructure that is capable of inserting , validating and analyzing high volumes (size and rate) of data.
- Accessing mixture of data i.e. structured, unstructured and semi- structured data from multiple sources.
- Dealing with unpredictable content with no apparent schema or structure.
Big Data technologies are a new generation of technologies and architectures designed to extract value from very large volumes of wide variety of data economically.
Volume describes the amount of data generated by organizations and various sources.
Variety describes different types of data, unlike structured data which is very common in relational databases. The data that is handled in business intelligence could be structured, semi-structured or even unstructured data sourced from various data sources.
Business Intelligence – How it is useful for organizations
- Effective analysis of Big Data (Business Intelligence) provides a lot of business advantage to organizations, will learn which areas to focus on and which areas are very important.
- Big Data analysis is at times so crucial that can prevent organizations from huge loss or help in grasping a great business opportunity.
- Precise analysis of Big Data helps in decision making.